General discussion
June 14, 2004 at 09:53 AM
achen2002

Opening user’s mailbox – Exchange 2000

by achen2002 . Updated 22 years ago

There are three Exchange servers in our domain, they are physically at different sites in different cities, let me call these servers mailsrv1 at site 1 (main office), mailsrv2 at site 2 and mailsrv3 at site 3. I am working from site 1.

My domain account is a member of “Exchange Domain Servers” which suppose to have access to all mailboxes.

In my Outlook, when I use “File – Open – Other User’s folder” and type in a username which is located in site 3, I have no problem opening the folder; however when I try to open any folder of a user who’s at site2, I got the following error: “Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders could not be opened. The operation failed.”

They ways these two remote servers are configured are almost identical, I have not noticed any other problem from the Exchange server at site2, except the fact that I can not open folders of users on this server.

I can not find out how should I troubleshoot because I don’t have an idea where to start. Can someone please give me a hint ?

This discussion is locked

All Comments