General discussion

Oracle v 8.1.7 on Solarix to send SMS

By williams_funmi ·
I am currently having some of my Oracle database version 8.1.7 running off Solarix (2. Sun machine and would like to configure it such that I can get a SMS (short message service) text message on my GSM mobile phone if and when certain DB issues arises, i.e. Database is down, agent or listener down and other issue that I do not want users or wait to get to my e-mail before my vacation trip gets ruined

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ghislain.levesque In reply to Oracle v 8.1.7 on Solarix ...

We are doing it here. We use Roger as a service and I send an e-mail to my Roger account and they forward it to my pager.... It's a service from Roger and I think Bell offer the same thing.

Collapse -

by D-CEd In reply to Oracle v 8.1.7 on Solarix ...

As mentioned in the previous answer, there are several service providers who forward emails to mobile phones.
In terms of monitoring the Solaris side, you can set up CRON jobs that run every 15 (or however many) minutes and these can test for the existence of Oracle processes running on the machine using "ps -ef | grep ora_pmon". If this returns rows, then you know that the Oracle Process Monitor is up and running. If it returns nothing then you can bet that Oracle is down.
Testing for things such as agents or listeners can be done pretty much the same way.

Back to Web Development Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)