Question

out of memory at line : 67 and stack overflow at line 104

By david-kolevski ·
Quick post. I've come across this issue where I am trying to access a online banking system online using IE7 and IE8 and and the following error message comes.

out of memory at line : 67 and stack overflow at line 104

I've tried to uninstall IE8, use Firefox, Google Chrome etc and each of these wont allow me to access the web page.

I also ran MS updates, made sure the laptop was up to do, did a system can for viruses etc and still no luck.

Also ran ccleaner, disk clean, combofix and no luck.

Would be good if anyone has a idea on what the is might be.

Not sure if its a software or hardware issue?

Thanks.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

With this one you should

by OH Smeg In reply to out of memory at line : 6 ...

Speak to your bank and see if they are having issues with their Web Site.

Regardless of what is happening here their Support Site is who you should be dealing with.

Col

Collapse -

Stack overflow.

by seanferd In reply to out of memory at line : 6 ...

"I've tried to uninstall IE8, use Firefox, Google Chrome etc and each of these wont allow me to access the web page."

Have you considered contacting the bank and letting them know there is something wrong with their Javascript? The browser is running out of memory because of the stack overflow. Because of bad or badly rendered code at line 104 and maybe 67.

To be safe, you may want to run Malwarebytes in safe mode, or scan with an offline AV bootable CD. In case, say, there's a banking trojan.

But,
"I've tried to uninstall IE8, use Firefox, Google Chrome etc and each of these wont allow me to access the web page."

So, what, you couldn't uninstall them? That would tend to indicate a larger problem.

"I also ran MS updates, made sure the laptop was up to do, did a system can for viruses etc and still no luck. Also ran ccleaner, disk clean, combofix and no luck."

Did they find anything?

What do you use for AV and/or firewall? These have been known to cause problems.

Anyhoo:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_other/out-of-memory-line-67stack-overflow-at-line-104/b3df213d-4e26-4054-a0e0-cd2736dee6f1
http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?topic=101380.0

You can use something like the Firebug extension for Firefox, or the error console or whatever for more about the error and what code is involved (at line 104 in some .js file probably).

Back to Hardware Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums