General discussion

Outlook 2000

By AGERanger10 ·
I have a user who's email doesn't show up in the Sent Items folder after she sends it. I've tested it myself, sending myself a test message. I receive the mail and can reply back but it doesn't display in the Sent Items folder. It just stopped working for anything sent after Aug 1. I've checked the virus definition dates and it's getting the latest ones from the server (8/1/2003 rev21).

Any ideas?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by anthonyz In reply to Outlook 2000

Simple idea, did you check the properties? Tools - Options - E-mail Options, there is an option or check box to save a copy of messages in sent items... if that is not the problem I would check the options/settings and/or check to see if there are any rules that may be removing the messages... hope that helps... good luck

Collapse -

by AGERanger10 In reply to

Poster rated this answer.
Thanks, I didn't remembere that setting being there. Her's was checked and no rules in use. See my additional comments, the problem resolved itself (PFM!)

Collapse -

by AGERanger10 In reply to Outlook 2000

At the time I was checking this out, I didn't put the fact that I had updated my PDC's time (it was 3 days off, the time sync program had locked up) with the email problem. I think this messed up the mail server when it synced clock time with the PDC. After restarting the mail server, the user's email showed up in the Sent Items that afternoon. Probably after Exchange did some database consistancy checking.

Collapse -

by AGERanger10 In reply to Outlook 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)