General discussion

Outlook 2000

By Augustin_ ·
A user is using Outlook 2000 in a Linux server environment. The user receives and sends mail without problem. One morning when the user tried to launch the Outlook 2000, she receives an error message stating that "you don't have the permission to open the file". I went to look up to the Microsoft knowledge base, it suggested that I look at the property of the Outlook.pst file and uncheck the read only. I did just that, and this did not fix the problem. Does any one knows of any tool that can fix a corrupted a Outlook.pst in Microsoft Outlook 2000?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Outlook 2000

by SyscoKid In reply to Outlook 2000

Yes. It's called scanpst.exe. I'm not familiar with Linux, so I don't know if you have a "Start Menu" type thing where you can launch it. Just search your system for scanpst.exe and run it.

Also, check the size of the pst file. If it's over 2GB, it may be unrecoverable, because 2GB is the limit. If it's over 2GB look here for help:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm

Collapse -

Outlook 2000

by Augustin_ In reply to Outlook 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Outlook 2000

by buttwobbler In reply to Outlook 2000

scanpst.exe shud do the trick. However I think there is an Inbox Repair tool within Outlook .... I now for sure in Outlook 97 its there .... shud be an add in. Wot is ur server messsaging system ....Exchange?

Collapse -

Outlook 2000

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Outlook 2000

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)