Question

Outlook 2000 Adress book issues

By Dumphrey ·
My company President has been having reoccuring issues with his Outlook 2000 address book. When he attempts to add a new contact, the process appears to work, but then when you go to look for the new contact in the list, its not visible. If you then try to add the contact again, it pops up a window saying "Contact exists, would you like to update one of the following" and lists the desired contact 2 times. Is there anyway to troubleshoot and fix this? Also, he seems to have 2 "Contacts" lists in Outlook (which I am sure is part of the problem). How do I remove the second (blank) contacts list?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Address Book

by Churdoo In reply to Outlook 2000 Adress book ...

In Outlook, pull down the tools menu and show all menuitems. In the bottom-most section, you'll either have "Services" or "Email Accounts"

I think with Exchange-connected OL2000, it's Services, so I'll start there.
In Outlook, Select Tools / Services. In the list of Services, select Outlook Address Book / Properties, and REMOVE all address books. OK / OK and restart Outlook.
Once Outlook restarts, go to the Contacts folder that he wants to be his addy book, Right-Click on the folder name / Properties / Outlook Address Book, and check the box "Show this folder as an Outlook Address Book" / OK

Restart Outlook again. Go to Tools / Address Book. Within the Address Book, select Tools / Options. In the "Show this address list first" dropdown, Select his Contacts folder, there should only be one now. In "Keep personal address in", again there should only be one Contacts now; and in "When sending mail..." list, Add Contacts again.

Post back if your menus are different

Collapse -

Address Book - solved

by chauffch In reply to Address Book

I have had the problem for some months until now. It solved.

thanks.
CC

Collapse -

Outllok showing 2 contacts

by apandey In reply to Outlook 2000 Adress book ...

Hey Bro,
Did you manage to find the solution for your problem, if yes please let me know too, i also have same problem.

Collapse -

Outllok showing 2 contacts

by apandey In reply to Outlook 2000 Adress book ...

Hey Bro,
Did you manage to find the solution for your problem, if yes please let me know too, i also have same problem.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)