General discussion

Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/Receive

By C O R ·
This particular user is running Office 2000 on a Windows 2000 PC, and is on Exchange 5.5

All users are set to auto send/receive all their email from the server. This particular user has to hit 'send/receive', as auto send/receive seemingly does not work.

I have run Ad-Aware, Spybot, Microsoft Anti-Spyware, and Hijack This, and removed quite a few gremlins in the process. I also updated her to the latest Office 2000 Service Packs, ran the Outlook repair tool, and finally completely uninstalled Office and then re-installed it (and re-installed the service packs after doing this). After all this, the user is still having the same problem...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dryflies In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

in the options dialog, under "Mail Setup", click the "send and receive" button. a dialog will pop up with the send and receive options for making the send and receive automatic and declaring the interval for checking e-mail.

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to

Thanks dryflies, and your answer applies brilliantly in Outlook 2003, however the 'Mail Setup' tab is either in a totally different spot, or is simply not available in Outlook 2000, which is what this user has.

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

Point value changed by question poster.

Collapse -

by jshtcm213 In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

My advice would be to reinstall the OS. Back up the users documents and get em up and running in 40 min. Thats how long it takes for me to an unattended network install of XP pro with Office XP, adobe reader 7.0, and MS antispyware. You really should set up a RIS server to perform network installs or atleast create a unattended text file to install the OS with. An image of the OS and text file must be on a network share. This will make your life alot easier when these wierd software issues occur. SPYWARE CAN BE A B$TCH at times. aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to

As a last resort this probably would have done the trick...

Fortunately I didn't have to. What I finally ended up doing this morning was removing the Exchange profile from the PC. I then renamed the user's Windows profile, and logged her back in so that Windows would create a new profile. I then re-installed the Exchange settings, and that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks for your suggestion anyway though.

Collapse -

by suem In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

In Outlook 2000, click on Tools then options. Then click on the Mail Delivery tab. Make sure that the box is checked next to to "send messages immediately when connected" Also that the check messages every X minutes is also marked.

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to

There doesn't seem to be a mail delivery tab when Outlook 2000 is set up under Exchange.

Collapse -

by jtk98115 In reply to Outlook 2000 - Auto Send/ ...

Be sure to have them check to see that they are not in Offline mode, by going to the File menu and making sure that there is not a checkmark next to the "Work Offline" menu item. This can become selected through various means, and will cause the Auto-Send/Receive functionality associated with pressing the Send button to become disabled.

JTK - www.shopwayoutwest.com

Collapse -

by C O R In reply to

This was one of the first things I checked. But thanks.

Back to Software Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next