General discussion

Outlook 2000 calendar problem

By Guillermo_A ·
One set of machines has been recently upgraded from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2k. Another set of machines stays on Outlook 98, without upgrade. The upgraded machines present a very strange bug when you want to set up an appointmet by the appointment form (File/New/Appointmet).
If your date is between PM hours, no problem at all. BUT, if your date is between AM hours, when you finish to set up your initial hour and move to final hour (no matter if you move by mouse or tab key), then the initial hour resets itselfs to PM. This behavior repeats no matter how many times you try to correct the initial hour manually, by the drop down hour list, or writing the AM letters by keyboard.
The only workaround I have find is to set up the appointment by "drag an drop" the appointment?s box, over the graphical display of the calendar, on Outlook?s 2k main window.
There is a similar problem setting up changes to working hours. If you want to change the initial working hour in O2K, (Tools/Options/Calendar options form) THEN the initial working hour resets itself over and over to PM. If you press "Cancel" at this point, you are safe, but if you make the mistake of press "OK", your AM working hours are lost forever.
One of my users inadvertly press"OK" after a minor change at this "Calendar options form" (initial working hour from 9:00 AM to 8:30 AM), and all of his working day was then shadowed as "non working hours" over the graphical display of the calendar, on Outlook?s 2k main window.
After several hours of frustrating work (review time zones, daylight savings on workstation and server, trying to reset the form, review every single configuration option in O2K), I only was able to give her a "half labor day", beginning by noon.
I haven?t find any workaround to this because you can?t "drag an drop" the edges of working hours.
By the way, ALL of my Outlook 98 users are working fine.
Any idea, anybody?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by mmdkj.family In reply to Outlook 2000 calendar pro ...

The only time I have seen the times change automatically is when I put a time and date combination in the start boxes that is by the calendar later than the end boxes date and time or vice-versa. It will not let me end before I start or start after I end. The work hours actually displays an error message preventing this. Appointments the times just change.

Make sure the date and time combinations are by the calendar earlier in the start boxes than the end date and time combination.

Collapse -

by Guillermo_A In reply to Outlook 2000 calendar pro ...

I also have seen that situation you describe and, as you note, you get an error message there. In this case I didn?t get an error message at all: the only problem is that all AM dates ends, same initial-end hour combination, en PM hours.
By the way, that doesn?t explain why I can?t get the whole working hours set up properly (Tools/Options/Calendar options form).
I need another idea, but thank you for your time.

Collapse -

by Jerry_Mills In reply to Outlook 2000 calendar pro ...

I am unable to duplicate the problem you are having, but I do have SR1 applied to my installation of Outlook 2000. I'd recommend you do the same. Also, what version of Exchange server are you connecting to? Does it have all the current patches applied?

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Collapse -

I don?t think the problem is server-related, because there are another users (with Outlook 98 and Outlook 97) that doesn?t have that kind of problem.
My own machine has Outlook 2K, and I haven?t this strange problem.
Maybe an important informationI didn?t mention is that I?m in Mexico City, so my Outlook 2k problematic machines uses spanish language, BOTH in Win98 AND in Outlook 2K, but the Exchange Server speaks in english.
At this time, Microsoft hasn?t released an SR1 in spanish, so I can?t try if SR1 solves the problem.
As a matter of fact, I?m beginning to think that the problem is specific to Outlook 2k spanish version
Thank for your time, sorry for my delay to answer, but I?m still with my problem unsolved

Collapse -

by jzizzi In reply to Outlook 2000 calendar pro ...

Don't know if this matters, but we had a simular problem because we were on a 24 hour system setting instead of am-pm. Might check your system settings for this.

Collapse -

That is a brilliant idea!
I was able to solve the problem when I use the 24 hour convention system.
Now, If I have to program a date at 7:00 PM, for example, all I have to do is write down "19:00".
This suggestion also solves the general set up of initial/end working hours.
Thanks you so much for this suggestion

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)