General discussion

Outlook 2000 Contacts form replacement.

By info ·
I would like to use the existing Outlook form and make a few of the outlook fields (Like Children and Hobbies) available to all existing Contacts and any new ones. HOW do I save the edited Contact form so that ALL existing and imported records use it!!
If I Create a new one and set it as the default for posting, New records seem to use it if manually entered but existing ones get
nowhere. Importing a comma delimited file only uses the original default...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by suemvp In reply to Outlook 2000 Contacts for ...

Once you publish the form, you need to run a free tool that Microsoft provides to apply it to existing items. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/newdefaultform.htm (which also has info on how to do this for earlier versions).

Collapse -

by info In reply to Outlook 2000 Contacts for ...

The Htm file blew up when I tried to download

Collapse -

by VinnyD In reply to Outlook 2000 Contacts for ...

Omsgclas.doc is a Word document that uses Office automation to change the message class for all items in an Outlook MAPI folder.

With Outlook, you can create a new form for items such as contacts and set a Contacts folder property so that all new contacts use the new form.

However, old contacts will still use the old form. The Omsgclas.doc document allows you to change the message class held for each item in the folder so that all existing items will use a specific custom form. This document works with all types of Outlook items.

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Omsgclas.exe

I have used this myself and it works great!

Collapse -

Did the trick here as well, Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a
way to change the default form comming from my winCE palmtop computer( HP Jornada 540) so I have to re-apply the fix whenever I enter
info originally on it. (I have the folding keyboard so it's not as bad as
you might think

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Related Forums