General discussion

Outlook 2000 Follow up reminders questio

By nigebj ·
I need Outlook 2000 to help me follow up e-mails sent to certain individuals. To achieve this I am using the Rules Wizard to copy the mails to a special Sent folder, and setup a follow up flag for 2 days time. This works - but when the follow up expires no warning is given anywhere. The messages show the follow up, and go red when the follow up expires - how do I trigger a reminder ?? It seems that Outlook is only tracking follow ups for the inbox - is this configurable anywhere ??
Any help very gratefully received!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by insatiable In reply to Outlook 2000 Follow up re ...

You don't mention whether or not the folder you move the message to is still in your "mailbox", jut in another folder other than inbox, or if the folder is on your local drive (off from the exchange server).
If it's not on your local drive, try moving the message into a folder in your mailbox.
Good Luck!

Collapse -

by nigebj In reply to Outlook 2000 Follow up re ...
Collapse -

by MelodyJ In reply to Outlook 2000 Follow up re ...

Outlook only monitors 4 specific folders for reminders - Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, and Tasks. Perhaps you should create a task based on the message instead of saving the message in the sent items.

Regards,
Melody

Collapse -

by nigebj In reply to Outlook 2000 Follow up re ...

This pointer looks useful. I will review how to create the task (not immediately obvious from the wizard) - and test this. The gem here is understanding which folders are actually monitored! Many thanks.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)