General discussion

outlook 2000 hangs

By tang0312 ·
Hi,
I am having a hard time with my Outlook 2000. I open it up and it just hangs; the hour glass just stays there - hangs. When I press ctrl+alt+del, the close program box tells me that Outlook 2000 not responding. I have tried opening Outlook using the the /safe command line switch and the same thing happens. The Office 2000 discs have gone missing. I have search the futile MS KB (is there a more useless KB site on the net?) Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

tk

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

outlook 2000 hangs

by Frank K In reply to outlook 2000 hangs

The inbox could be corrupt. If you delete the inbox while in windows explorer, (or rename it to something else just in case you want to try to salvage something) a new one will be created when you launch outlook.

Collapse -

outlook 2000 hangs

by tang0312 In reply to outlook 2000 hangs

I am not connected to an exchange server. I am using the Internet Only Mode and PST files. If I **** away the PST file, then I will not be able to recover the data.

Thanks for the suggestion.

tk

Collapse -

outlook 2000 hangs

by Frank K In reply to outlook 2000 hangs

Have you used the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe)? Since you can't find your 2000 cd's, try the one from the Office 97 CDs.

Collapse -

outlook 2000 hangs

In the end, I suspect that the PST file was sitting in a bad sector of the disk because as soon as I move it to another location, everything was fine.

tk

Collapse -

outlook 2000 hangs

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)