General discussion

Outlook 2000 Personal Address Book

By jonsf1 ·
I'm currently using outlook 2000 in my organisation, whenever I reformat my PC and I retrieve my mails and contacts (*.pab) known as personal address book, I cannot see them under my address book contacts but I can view them in my folder list contacts folders. I was wandering why? I've already import all my *.pab files into my contacts. Hope can get some help here.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by virtuman In reply to Outlook 2000 Personal Add ...

After your install, go to file>open>.pst files.

In the top of the message list pane (when in your inbox) you will see the word Inbox. Click on it and click on the push pin to keep that frame open.

R-Click on the outlook today line for the "empty" .pst file (the one outlook made when you installed it) and choose properties. Uncheck the entry "deliver POP mail...."

do the same thing to the other .pst outlook today line but now you want to put the check in the box for POP delivery.

close and reopen outlook

R-click on the "empty" outlook today line and pick close personal folders.

all done

Collapse -

by jonsf1 In reply to Outlook 2000 Personal Add ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

by KathrynB In reply to Outlook 2000 Personal Add ...

When you run the import wizard, it doesn't automatically add the PAB to your profile. To add it manually, go to Tools and Services, click Add and choose Personal Address Book. Browse to the location of the file and click OK till you're back in Outlook. I think it will tell you that you need to close and restart Outlook for the changes to take effect. Once you've done this, you should have the addresses listed under both Contacts and in the Address Book

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)