General discussion

Outlook 2000 Problems Again

By pierrejamme ·
I keep getting the error:
"The procedure entry point strtokex could not be located in the dynamic link library msoert2.dll" and Outlook hangs on receiving the 1st message. I have searched with google and searched M$ to no avail.
I have:
1. Deleted the outcmd.dat
2. Repaired Office 2000
3. Re-installed Office 2000
4. Re-installed Internet Explorer 6.0
5. Windows Updated
Any more ideas, or should I just uninstall this miserable program and use something else?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to Outlook 2000 Problems Aga ...

I also use Zonealarm Pro, Mcafee Virus Scan, and SpySweeper as well as periodicaly running SpyBot 1.3, AdAware 6, and Pest Patrol.

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to Outlook 2000 Problems Aga ...

naw, get it working first then you can pitch it (smile)
you did windows updates...but did you do office updates. you latest sp on office. did you try comparing dll to others for date, size? did you try replacing with older/newer version. did you try using regsvr32 to re-register dll (do it from command prompt, type regsvr32 /? for the switches. first unreg the reg

Collapse -

by pierrejamme In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

I will try regsvr this weekend. Not sure what dlls need registering, but will do some research.

I have had this problem before and repairing Office made it go away. I had updated Office completely, but I am sure after the re-install I will need to do that again.

Collapse -

Running regsevr32 /u msoert2.dll produced the error:
"Msoert2.dll was loaded, but the DllUnRegisterServer Entry Point was not found. DllUnRegisterServer may not be expanded, or a corrupt version of msoert2.dll may be in memory. Consider using PView to detect and remove it."
I do not have PView (believe it is part of MS C++ 6), so I ran "SFC /ScanNow". this told me after a bit:
"Files that are required for Windows to run properly must be copied to the DLL cache.", so I inserted my Windows 2000 CDROM. When it asked for my Windows 2000 SP4 CDRom it wasn't recognised?? I have had so many similar problems with this computer I am getting very frustrated. I cannot remember how many times I have re-installed windows 2000 and/or windows 2000 SP4.

For this reason I am increasing the points and asking for help to repair this once and for all.

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)