General discussion

Outlook 2000 Profiles

By adeal ·
This is a dumb question, I know, but I need it answered to satisfy a CEO who thinks he knows more than I do.

Is it possible to simultaneously run two copies of Outlook 2000, each with a different profile (one for POP, one for Exchange)? Outlook is set to 'Corporate or Workgroup' (obviously).

If anyone knows a location that I can reference the answer (I saw it somewhere in one of my Exchange books, but forget where), I would appreciate it.

BTW, I'm sure the answer is no.

Thank you.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 Profiles

by aavakian In reply to Outlook 2000 Profiles

Found a ms article that has one line about this.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q245/4/46.ASP
its in the workaround section
Hope this is enough to satisfy the CEO

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 Profiles

by adeal In reply to Outlook 2000 Profiles

Actually, that's how I currently have the user set up. What I want to know is if both profiles can be run in two separate instances of Outlook at the same time.

Thanks for the link though.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 Profiles

by aavakian In reply to Outlook 2000 Profiles

You are right you can't have 2 different profiles open at the same time. This is from the ms article "When you set up two different profiles, you must quit Outlook before you can switch to the other profile." Its under the workaround section, I was giving you the link so that you could show it to your boss.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 Profiles

Thank you. After further reading it further (sometimes I get a little distracted (life of an I.T. guy)), I saw what you just mentioned.

Thanks again.

Collapse -

Outlook 2000 Profiles

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)