General discussion

Outlook 2000 Program Paths

By sedelste ·
I have recently installed Outlook 2000 at a client that does not have Exchange server. 3 workstations with local Outlook 2000 installations are sharing contacts and journal information from a single workstation's personal folders via a peer-to-peer connection. This solution works correctly when users access the folders directly but not when they attempt to automatically access journal entries via the contact list - it will default to the journal in the local PC's Outlook Today folder section instead of the shared network directories. Does anyone know whether Outlook 2000 provides a methodology for changing the paths for these interactive functions.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by nk In reply to Outlook 2000 Program Path ...

I came across a similar problem when creating a Contacts Public folder and was looking for a way to set up Auto-Journalling for the Public Folder.

According to Microsoft, you had to manually add a jorunal entry for a public Contacts folder. I guess it is the same here as the default will always point to the users personal Contacts folder.

Collapse -

by nk In reply to Outlook 2000 Program Path ...

nk@lawtech.co.uk - there is a KB White Paper on Journalling that may give you some help in setting up auto-journaling - See Q201079 - although I do not think it is going to be straightforward.
Cheers

Collapse -

by sedelste In reply to Outlook 2000 Program Path ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by zchris In reply to Outlook 2000 Program Path ...

take a look into the registry.

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)