General discussion

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard problem

By GaryWarren ·
I want to set up a rule that moves ONLY the subject with 'Pan' to a folder. My rule does this but it also moves 'company' and 'Pancake' or any form of 'pan'.
I understand I can add these as exceptions but I find this backwards. Can I not specify the EXACT phrase? As opposed to specifying every possible combination that can end up in my mail box to be excluded from the rule?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Bill_H In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard ...

1) Open up the Rules Wizard and select the rule.

2) In the "Rule description" text box, click on the phrase Pan (should be underlined).

3) In the Search Text dialog box, select the item in the "Search list" text box ("Pan"), and click the "Remove" button.

4) In the "Add new" text box, enter a space then the string "Pan" (without the quotes), followed by another space.

5) Click on the "Add" button. The "Search list" text box should now display " Pan ".

6) Click on "OK".

7) In the Rules Wizard dialog box, click on "OK".

Hope this helps...

Collapse -

by GaryWarren In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard ...

This only works if Pan has a space in front of it in the subject. If Pan is the first word in the subject without a space before it this won't work. So I've concluded, Pan with a space after it will work. This has got to be the worst wizard MS has produced. What happened to proper boolean arguments?
I miss the Inbox Assistant.
Thanks

Collapse -

by GaryWarren In reply to Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)