General discussion

Outlook 2000 will not load.

By Realm Master ·
I have Microsoft Office 2000 Pro installed on my home pc running the newest Microsoft Windows 98. I have had this running for sometime now, but now everything works but Outlook 2000. When I click to load it all I get is the splash screen that saysOutlook 2000 and it stops there. All other office programs run fine, even after this mishap. The Outlook 2000 will time out and not load so I will do Ctrl, Alt, Delete to shut it down. What could be the problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by VinnyD In reply to Outlook 2000 will not loa ...

You may have a corrupted personal folder file.

There is a utility called scanpst.exe that can be used to try and fix the *.pst file that you are using.

You can find out where the PST file is by going into the control panel and using the Mail icon to open up the mail service and then click on the personal folder option and go to properties

Also in there you can create a new PST file for your profile and see if Outlook will open.

If that works you can try and import the data from your old PST file.

Collapse -

by Realm Master In reply to Outlook 2000 will not loa ...

Thanks, But I found the problem it was a .dll file that got deleted when we moved the program to another hard drive. But your help was good also may come in handy at a later date, so have the points.

Collapse -

by Realm Master In reply to Outlook 2000 will not loa ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)