General discussion

Outlook 2000 won't let me view contacts

By ciojad ·
I have a user that upgraded a laptop. I have given his old laptop to another user. Its 98SE running Office 2000 on an NT Exchange server. I switched his user name and password out fine. But when he opens his address book the contacts are pointing to the original users contacts. And I can't find out where I can go to change the name at. I've reinstalled Outlook, and nothing. I went to properties and even the help wizard. Nothing. Is there a registry entry I need to change? I've also looked under profiles with no luck.
Thanks in advance,
Jim

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by john_eichman In reply to Outlook 2000 won't let me ...

try renaming the originial users Outlook.pst. That should force Outlook to look for a new pst. At that time choose the pst file that the new user will use.

Collapse -

by Pr0x1 In reply to Outlook 2000 won't let me ...

YOu may have already checked this, but relating to profiles, check all the Data Files and where they are located. Even delete them ans start from scratch there. They are usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\<User or Administrator>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Use the Tools - Options - Mail Setup tab - Data Files button to get there.

Check all files in that list. IF you need to, delete the files and add a new one for the user.

Might even want to try using an OST.

Collapse -

by w2ktechman In reply to Outlook 2000 won't let me ...

I would **** away the outlook profile and recreate it. Before doing this make sure that you know where all *.pst files are located

Collapse -

by bock2000 In reply to Outlook 2000 won't let me ...

I have dealt with this one!

Here is what you need to do:

Go into properties and go to properties of the Outlook Address Book and Remove the previous users address book. the next time you go into outlook it will pick up the new users correct contacts.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)