General discussion

Outlook 2002 - Autocomplete Function

By Ivan the Terrible ·
I have a PC running Windows XP (SP1) with Office XP (with all service packs installed.)

I'm am experiencing a problem with Outlook 2002 when typing the names of the recipients in the To: box. An example is when the autocomplete option displays two names, if you click on one name it will enter it correctly but leave part of the outline of the autocomplete box behind. If you are entering several names the screen area where the To: box is located can become a mess.

I have installed the latest Graphics card driver (Nvidia)and display driver(Samsung). All Office patches are installed. I have even re-installed Office but the problem exists. Has anyone else seen this annoying problem?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by lcampbell In reply to Outlook 2002 - Autocomple ...

What are the CPU and memory counts an this PC?
XP is a hog and if you dont' have 256 mgs RAM you will definatly see lags and slow downs while the processor tries to do it's job.

Collapse -

by lcampbell In reply to

run a detect and repair on Office suite.

Collapse -

by Ivan the Terrible In reply to Outlook 2002 - Autocomple ...

The PC in question is a Compaq Evo Pentium 4 1.7Ghz with 512Mb of memory. I have just replaced the Nvidia Vanta 16Mb graphics card in case this was causing the problem. But alias no fix.

Collapse -

by Ivan the Terrible In reply to Outlook 2002 - Autocomple ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)