General discussion

Outlook 2002 offline

By twlavely ·
We are upgrading our systems to WinXP/OffXP. Our network is Win2000 Adv Server w/Exchange Server. When installing OffXP on a laptop, and setting up a profile in Outlook it doesn't ask me "Do you travel w/this computer" like Off2k did (then it wouldset up an .ost file and synchronize so the user could use Outlook when not connected to the Exchange server). I can manually set up a .ost file and then must select every folder and subfolder needed offline. This seems like a "work-around". Am I missing a setting somewhere or is this a 'new' feature of OffXP?
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Outlook 2002 offline

by curlergirl In reply to Outlook 2002 offline

After creating the initial Outlook profile, go to Control Panel/Mail and double click to see the Outlook profile properties. Click Email Accounts, then select "View or change existing account". Select the Microsoft Exchange Server account and click to edit it. Then click "More Settings" and you'll see a dialog with 4 tabs - go to the Advanced tab and at the bottom you'll see a button for Offline Folder Settings. Click that and set the location whether you want it to be (default is in the user's profile folders), then click OK, and OK again to enable it. Then finish out of the Mail properties dialog boxes and the .ost will be created the next time you open Outlook. You need to do this on each workstation logged on as the user of that workstation. If there's more than one Outlook user on the same workstation, you need to do this logged on as each user. Hope this helps!

Collapse -

Outlook 2002 offline

by twlavely In reply to Outlook 2002 offline

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Outlook 2002 offline

by twlavely In reply to Outlook 2002 offline

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)