Question

Outlook 2003

By Sareborn ·
We are running Windows Server 2003, Microsoft XP pro client(sp3) and Microsoft outlook 2003.
The user I am trying to help no longer can start Outlook. I can log into the same computer he does and start up my Outlook but when he logs in it simply gives the error "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook".

Any ideas, suggetions. He can still access his mapped network drives and all other microsoft office applications. As a side note, I did check the event viewer to see if it would tell me anything and I do get the error each time he logs in "Unable to apply folder redirection policy, initialization failed" as well as "The Group policy client-side exetension Folder Redirection failed to execute."

Not sure what happened, or why or how to fix it.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Get your network errors fixed first....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003

.... then worry about Outlook.

Sounds to me as if your user's profile on the server is corrupt if you can log into that same PC and everything works correctly.

Are you using roaming profiles?

Collapse -

Yup

by Sareborn In reply to Get your network errors f ...

Yes, we use roaming profiles.

Collapse -

When I see the folder redirection error

by mcantr In reply to Outlook 2003

It means either the folder doesn't exist the in home drive, or the user doesn't have the appropriate rights to the folder. So redirection won't work.
Regarding the Outlook error, you can try deletting his local mail profile on the laptop and let it re-create. Reboot, sign on as him and then try to open Outlook. Hope it helps!

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)