Question

Outlook 2003

By kmessina ·
"A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:"

this is the message i keep receiving and all folders are empty. any help?

Thanks in advance.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Bad addresses...

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003

Try sending the message to one person at a time, typing the email address in manually. Do not allow the auto-recall to fill it in for you. Obviously, you've got at least one bad email address that you're trying to send to.

If you're sending to a distribution list, maybe all of them are bad addresses (or refusing email from you). Try to narrow it down to which one or more are bad.

Collapse -

This issue is a hassle for some

by w2ktechman In reply to Outlook 2003

because people will be added to distribution lists AND some people allow their mailbox/calendar/etc. to be accessed/managed by others (admins). When they are not properly removed, and you send an email to this person/list, bad addresses will be returned in the manner that you mentioned.

Collapse -

Yep.....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to This issue is a hassle fo ...

Personally, I think the "learn" feature of 2003 is one of the worst things they could have invented. Oh sure, it's handy. But, people (especially newbies) just don't realize that it's simply a list of recently used addresses and that it doesn't dynamically update itself when someone changes their email address and you fix it in your contact list. They just go ahead and blindly type "Bil" and up pops "Bill's old email address, so they select it and use it not realizing it's going to send to the OLD address. They need to delete the old addresses from the recently used list so it's not accidentally selected.

And, another thing I absolutely hate is list maintenance. You add people to your distribution list, then they change their email address. You fix the contact list, but you forget to delete them and add them back to your distribution list. It's a PITA!!

Collapse -

:) -- DL's have been a hassle

by w2ktechman In reply to Yep.....

especially calendars. Often people share their calendar and dont un-share it when someone leaves. A few weeks later, everyone that sends them an appt, gets a bounce from an ex-admin.
what a pain. I wish it were a little more dynamic, like if it cannot find the user in the AD (and it is an AD address), then it should not try sending to it!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)