General discussion

Outlook 2003 & 2007 Sometimes Converting HTML email to Plain Text

By sales44 ·
Hi everyone,

I've been searching for hours for a fix to this problem. I see some fixes but none have worked for us. Sometimes Outlook will convert html messages to plain text. I can verify that two sources are definitely sending out in html not plain text, but they arrive in plain text. Also they arrive no problem when using Gmail and Yahoo Mail.

This is happening to myself and another person. We are running different versions of Outlook and:

- We do not have AVG installed
- We do not have Macfee installed
- We have tried to disable all COM addon, shut down outlook, then re-open
- We do not have Google Tool bar installed
- We do not have 'read all emails in plain text' ticked.

There has to be a deeper issue here because it is happening in two different environments. Does anyone have more ideas of how to fix?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Same Problem Here

by chrismlaw In reply to Outlook 2003 & 2007 Somet ...

We are having the same problem here with one of our users Outlook 2007 / Exchange 2007:
No AVG
No Macfee
No Read all emails in plain text

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Collapse -

Same problem maybe worse!

by RobinRotfleisch In reply to Outlook 2003 & 2007 Somet ...

I'm having the same problem....only with me I can see the message come in in HTML and an hour later when I go back to it, it is in plain text!
Very frustrating...
I have done all of what "sales44" has done and nothing has helped-
I heard from a friend that there is a program out that can help- I'm searching for it now....

Collapse -

Differing versions of Exchange Server?

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Outlook 2003 & 2007 Somet ...

We're seeing some anomalies that we've confirmed are definitely due to the senders and receivers having different versions of Exchange.

Specifically, we're on Exch. 10 while one of our sister divisions is still on 03. It seems there's a difference in the way signatures get encrypted and unencrypted that causes the insertion of dozens or even hundreds of blank pages into the plain text format.

This would also explain why you have no problem with web-based e-mail services. Check the Exch versions at each end and then try the MS forums.

Collapse -

Differing versions of Exchange Server? HTML to Text

by RobinRotfleisch In reply to Differing versions of Exc ...

Thanks, but how am I to know what Exch Server the company that I'm receiving from is using?...as an example THIS news posting?

When it comes in it is in HTML and I can see everything fine- then boom 2 hours later when I refer back to it - without exiting Outlook it is in plain text- it is maddening!!!

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)