General discussion

outlook 2003

By wrongway99amr ·
i keep getting this error message. outlook is the only program that will not open, word,excel, all open just fine. i tried uninstalling office 2003 but i keep getting the error message below.The installation source for this product is not available this pc is connected a network at work. i have look on google and microsoft .com for information but nothing helps.

i'm using the cd i used to install office 2003. but its being a real pain in the butt. i was thinking maybe if install a different verison of outlook like 2002 maybe that will work? any ideas would be great.

i tried using the remove wiazrd for office 2003. when i select let me choose which office appliacations to remove, nothing shows up. and i still can't install it from the cd.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

need some more info

by Jonny Memonic In reply to outlook 2003

What OS are you installing office 2003 on?

If it is windows XP unistall all of iffice 2003
Then install and use the custom installation and make sure everything selected to run from the hard disk. see if that works

Collapse -

by wrongway99amr In reply to need some more info

thats the problem it won't let me uninstall. when i try to it tells me the product isn't vaid or the installtion files are not found. but i have the cd i used when i sat it up

Collapse -

outlook 2003

by Edward35 In reply to outlook 2003

sounds like your CD is corrupt

Collapse -

outlook 2003

Collapse -

outlook 2003

Collapse -

As strange as it sounds it may be your Anti-Virus Product

by BP7226 In reply to outlook 2003

that is causing the problem. I had a similiar problem and after uninstalling and re-installing my anti-virus product, everything worked as advertised.

If it is your cd that is corrupt, try this it often works, put the cd in a CD-RW and copy it to a blank CD. Do not use a DVD-/+RW, they seem to be a bit more sensitive in reading CD and react to minor scratches etc much more frequently.

Back to IT Employment Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)