General discussion

Outlook 2003, Adobe 9 Pro, KB 229428

By netexcel ·
I had an issue with converting Outlook message to PDF, prior installing Windows Update for Outlook KB 229428 I was able to convert Outlook Message with attachment to PDF file. The file contained working links to attachments. KB 229428 broke this program. The only way I was able to fix it for now was to uninstall KB 229428. If you have another fix for this please, share.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

2 questions

by TobiF In reply to Outlook 2003, Adobe 9 Pro ...

Do you mean MS KB 229428? Couldn't find any.

Oh, and what are you using for "Converting to pdf"? (I'm a happy user of PDF redirect freeware.)

Collapse -

MS KB 229428?

by netexcel In reply to 2 questions

Yes, MS KB 229428 windows security update for outlook 2003: OLKINTL

The conversion is done by Adobe Acrobat 9 pro and it's Outlook add-in. The conversion works fine outside of Outlook and even in Outlook its possible to convert from the file print to adobe menu. The only broken part of this is converting open message with attachments.

I am not convinced the update is responsible for the problem. I replicated the problem on 3 computers but have this update on my computer as well and the conversion works.

Collapse -

It seems you need to ask Adobe

by TobiF In reply to MS KB 229428?

It's quite possible that the update from MS stopped it from working.

But, since you bought the add-on from Adobe (and both products are full of undocumented features), you have to ask Adobe for help. Maybe ther're already updating on their side, too.

I'm, for one, is waiting for them to fix the vulnerable dll loading in the reader...

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)