Question

OUTLOOK 2003 ARCHIVING PROBLEM

By mail ·
hi,

my director has an ibm laptop with win xp home and outlook 2003 installed. few days back he acidently deleted the entry "archive folders" from the mail folder pane (the left pane of outlook window). the archived data is in its original place. i have checked it. but the problem is he can't access the archived files or archive the exisiting mail items. i removed office 2003 and reinstalled it. but the problem remains. i tried to create a new folder named "archive folders" (sort of cloning!!)but the entry is coming under "personal folders". is there a way out you can suggest. an advanced thanks is for you in this regard.

regards,

jomon varghese.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Just open it.

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 ARCHIVING PR ...

If the archive file is still intact, just do a file/open and navigate to where that file is stored.

You may want to look in that folder first and make sure there's not two or three of them (archive1.pst, archive2.pst) and look at the file size/dates. If there's more than one file, probably the largest one is the one he closed.

You may also need to change your default VIEW so you can see hidden files and folders to locate the archive.pst file.

If all else fails AND the file is intact, you can import the contents back into his PST file, then you should be able to run the Archive command.

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)