Question

Outlook 2003 consumes from 0 to 70% CPU on 5 second cycle

By daveachappell ·
I have a new Dell E1505, when running Outlook it consumes 70% of the CPU approx. on a 5 second cycle. During the 70% load Outlook is no-responsive. Other programs seem to work OK. Any guidance on what might be causing this? Thanks from a new member!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

The same problem

by mickael.pub In reply to Outlook 2003 consumes fro ...

I have exactly the same problem on a new DELL inspiron 6400... ALl application work normaly except Outlook...

Collapse -

The solution !!!!!!!!!!!

by mickael.pub In reply to Outlook 2003 consumes fro ...

Yes !!!!!!!! I found the soluce.

To kill this problem, you must uninstall the soft OutlookAddInSetup. (Add/remove program) and then outlook work normaly.

Collapse -

Welcome to Microsoft's world of Incompatibility!

by dalenugen In reply to Outlook 2003 consumes fro ...

If you are running ie7, windows xp, and Office 2003 and you updated with 931768 or 933566, you are in the microsoft blender of incompatibility. You need to either uninstall ie7 or set office 2003 to open at "Office Today" then go to inbox and you'll be fine.
Microsoft, I hope you are listening because this is your problem and at the cost of your software you should have fixed this already.

Collapse -

Welcome to Microsoft's world of Incompatibility!

by dalenugen In reply to Outlook 2003 consumes fro ...

If you are running ie7, windows xp, and Office 2003 and you updated with 931768 or 933566, you are in the microsoft blender of incompatibility. You need to either uninstall ie7 or set office 2003 to open at "Office Today" then go to inbox and you'll be fine.
Microsoft, I hope you are listening because this is your problem and at the cost of your software you should have fixed this already.

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)