Outlook 2003 contacts in Vista

By chris.lambert ·
Hi All,

I went to a client recently to transfer there settings form a XP based machine to a Vista based machine.

Everything transferred over fine. Apart from the contacts in Outlook 2003. While they appear in the contacts tab fine, if you click on the To: button or the Address book button they are both empty.

I think the problem comes from the fact that Outlook 2003 is trying to use the address book from XP, which MS has not transferred into Vista.

If this is the case, has anyone found a fix for it yet? I've searched the Web but as yet now found an answer.

Many thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

I have the same problem

by rp In reply to Outlook 2003 contacts in ...

Have you found the answer yet ?

my email is

Collapse -

There are two lists

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to I have the same problem

When you have Outlook open, click the address book in the navigation bar to open it. There is a dropdown list with both "Outlook Address Book" and "Contacts" listed (assuming you are not on an Exchange server where there may be more). If you see that it is defaulting to the Outlook Address Book, look to see if all your contacts are on the other list ("Contacts"). If they are, you can change which list is displayed by default by clicking the Tools/Options IN the address book and changing the default lists to use inside of the window that opens up. With my setup, I use the "Contacts" lists in all three boxes. The "Outlook Address Book" is empty.

Collapse -

Outlook Contacts in vista with Office 2003

by rp In reply to There are two lists

Thanks but still no good.
When I click on the address book tab in the toolbar it says:
The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened. it may have been moved or deleted, or you may not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Adress Book, see Microsoft Office outlook Help.

Collapse -

My contacts don't appear in address book

by sammi.yuen In reply to Outlook Contacts in vista ...
Back to Windows Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)