Question

Outlook 2003 creating signature - Word won't open, Notepad does

By dd35259 ·
Tags: Software
Short description of a problem.
In Microsoft Outlook 2003 there is a problem with adding a jpg/gif/png or any other picture extension kind of signature. The problem appears when one tries to modify signature with advanced settings of external editor such as Microsoft Word program. The option persists to open editor screen with the notepad instead of the Microsoft Word.
Since its a pretty regular issue, after hours of researching and trying many ways, I have found solution for it, which will guarantee to work for anyone with same problem.
The solution lies in settings of your Internet explorer path : Internet explorer / tools / internet options / programs / HTML editor : here you must pick Microsoft Office Word.
However you can find that on all websites, but none of it mentions one other key part of it to make it work.
You must set up Internet explorer as your default browser in order for those options to work.
I had Chrome, and although I made all the steps, it didnt work until i didnt set up Internet explorer as default browser.
Hope it helps. Best regards

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)