General discussion

outlook 2003 incoming mail server connection problem

By aitchison21 ·
I am using outlook 2003 with, wireless broadband, Norton, and AVG. i am using btinternet as a mail server and windows vista

My problem is getting incoming e-mail. I can send ok and I can receive a test message okay but I cannot receive incoming mail. I am getting two errors 0x80042108 or 0x800CCCoF. I have just setup the e-mail as my old computer packed up. i am using a laptop to connect to wireless BB. I have been all over the net looking for an answer with no joy.

Can anybody help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Re: outlook 2003 incoming mail server connection problem

by bret.miller In reply to outlook 2003 incoming mai ...

OK. So this is likely an issue with wireless. We're starting to see the same problem here. Can connect the laptop to the network via ethernet and it works fine. Connect via wireless to the same network and can't receive e-mail in Outlook 2003. But CAN send just fine. Why? I'd be interested in knowing too. On Windows XP, Outlook can both send and receive... Something with Vista and Wireless, then.

Collapse -

The Answer

by bret.miller In reply to outlook 2003 incoming mai ...

OK. I found the answer in a Microsoft Vista newsgroup. Here's how I fixed it:

* Click Start
* In the search box, type cmd
* Press CTRL-Shift-Enter
* Click Continue to the "Windows needs your permission to continue" box
* Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
* Press Enter
* It should say: Ok.
* Type Exit
* Press Enter

Collapse -

Bad PST

by exton1 In reply to outlook 2003 incoming mai ...

One way to test windows is to create a new user and test outlook in it. If it works then your PST file is messed up. Go to control panel, Mail, Show profile, add a new profile. Name it something like "OUTLNEW."
When you start outlook it will me just like a new install.
OF course all you email will be gone, but you can always to back to the original profile and use it or export it.

Collapse -

Run SCANPST

by mypcbroke In reply to Bad PST

Just do a search for SCANPST.exe and repair the PST file, usually located C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

Collapse -

Trying to set up Outlook 2003 with AOL

by sfranz5064 In reply to outlook 2003 incoming mai ...

I think I have the final set up complete, but then I get a message that reads, "Connection to Microsoft Exchange is unavailable, Names must be underlined for connection.....then it goes to another window showing Mailbox: My email address in AOL and a small box enttitled Check Names. Onve the names have been checked and underlined.....I then tried to check the names and it goes nowhere. Does anyone know to what I am referring? I do not know much about this set up, so can you help me?

Thank you!

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)