outlook 2003 incoming mail server connection problem

By aitchison21 ·
I am using outlook 2003 with, wireless broadband, Norton, and AVG. i am using btinternet as a mail server and windows vista

My problem is getting incoming e-mail. I can send ok and I can receive a test message okay but I cannot receive incoming mail. I am getting two errors 0x80042108 or 0x800CCCoF. I have just setup the e-mail as my old computer packed up. i am using a laptop to connect to wireless BB. I have been all over the net looking for an answer with no joy.

Can anybody help?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Having the same problem...

by mchadwick In reply to outlook 2003 incoming mai ...

I'm having the same problem on a Vista machine, wireless broadband, running either Windows Mail or Thunderbird, and with McAfee Security Centre.

My initial thought was that McAfee was the issue. I called Dell who supplied the laptop and they suggested I uninstall McAfee Privacy Manager and McAfee Spamkiller. Did that, problem is still there. I've also disable McAfee and the problem was still present.

So, the similarities between our two systems are Vista and wireless broadband. I'm guessing that the wireless broadband implementations are different enough to rule that out. So, we're left with Vista as being the issue.

Now that there are two of us with the issue, and I'm fairly sure that Vista is the issue... can anyone suggest any Vista configuration issues that could cause this symptom?

Collapse -

Microsoft (Office) Update

by gjs@overdam In reply to Having the same problem.. ...

Make sure to run a Microsoft (Windows) Update.
Last time a collegue had an issue, there were soem office updates. Installing them solved the issue, for whatever reason.

The why is still unclear, mail tests and all worked (pop3), but without errors mail just did not get in anymore (without apparent cause).

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)