Question

Outlook 2003 opening folder

By markgg ·
How can I get my Outlook 2003 to go to the INBOX when it opens? ( Mine doesn't)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

try this....

by ---TK--- In reply to Outlook 2003 opening fold ...

in outlook, go to Tools > Options > Other tab > Under the General section at the top click Advanced options > General settings at the top "Startup in this folder:" change this to "Inbox". Or you can click "Browse" and select the location of your choice.

Hopefully that helps

Collapse -

That's been done.

by markgg In reply to try this....

But it still doesn't.

Collapse -

how it starts up

I usually run outlook in the office. It starts up with my Folder List pane on the left and my Inbox in a pane on the right.But there are no highlighted folders in the folder list. and the Inbox pane is empty. I have to click on the Inbox in the folder list to make it open up my inbox. On my old XP machine, it worked. On this Vist business machine it doesn't open automatically showing the contents of the inbox.

Collapse -

I DID IT!! solved!

I fiddled with the left pane and found that there was a "Mail" and a "Folder List" option. I went to Tools>options>other>navigation pane options
and made the "Mail" checked and at the top of the list.
I re-opened Outlook and my inbox opened with a populated right pane!!!!!!!!

Collapse -

Are you accessing this computer at work or home?

If you are accessing this computer at work then contact your Admin. If at home then try this out:
http://www.uwec.edu/HELP/Outlook03/sharefolder.htm

I can not guarantee it would work the way that you want, but it might.

Collapse -

Outlook Today?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2003 opening fold ...

Does it go to the Outlook Today screen? If so, change the behavior by clicking "Customize Outlook Today" in the first screen you see after it starts. Inside, UNCHECK the box that says "When starting, go directly to Outlook Today" and save the changes. From then on, it will go to the Inbox if that's the default folder to be displayed on start up.

Back to Software Forum
7 total posts (Page 1 of 1)