General discussion

OUTLOOK 2003 "This operation has been canceled..."

By SoilSavers ·
Outlook 2003 Pro on WinXP Pro. several weeks ago started generating following msg when try to follow ANY link in an email. "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please call your network admin"..I AM THE NETWORK ADMIN AND I DONT KNOW NOTHING!! There is a Microsoft Tech support article (#32547 that has a hot fix available...BUT only for Office XP MSoft will not release the hotfix for Office 2003... can anyone help?? P L E A S E

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

23 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by ReWrite In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

If you are using spybot search and destroy open it and goto immunize icon, at bottom of page uncheck the option that protects ie explorer. then goto file,exit, close currently open explorer windows. then reopen new window and tools should work properly.

If you're not using spybot then try this:

Launch REGEDIT from the Start menu's Run dialog. Navigate to HKEY_ CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\ Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ Restrictions. If you don't find the key, look for the same key but starting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. In the right-hand pane, look for a value named NoBrowser Options. If this value exists, delete it and restart your computer.

The 3rd option is to try a repair of IE. Go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs->Internet Explorer. Double-click on it and when the dialog opens choose Repair from the options provided.

Cheers.

RW

Collapse -

by SoilSavers In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

A- am using SPYBOT and the immunize icon not NOT checked
B- searched registry using "find" - no match found anywhere
C- could not repair IE Explorer...not listed in add/remove program list..???

Collapse -

by peter In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

This cane be overcome by running internet explorer and going to tools, Internet Options, Advanced and reset defaults. I was suffering the same problem with the same options, but this solved it. Just means that any special setting that you did have need to be reset.

Collapse -

by mdv In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

I have the same problem, no resolution with microsoft (even msn messenger is having problems connecting as well).

My resolution: Install Mozilla Firefox and links are opened again.

Collapse -

firefox

by gusinger In reply to

I have windows 7 and outlook still does not go to links.

Collapse -

by kyser_sosai In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

windows vista > office 2007 > IE7:

open IE7 > Tools > Options > Programs > Set Programs > Set Program Access > Select Microsoft : OK

KyserSosai
Your Friendly Neighborhood TECH*HEAD

Collapse -

by kyser_sosai In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

windows vista > office 2007 > IE7:

open IE7 > Tools > Options > Programs > Set Programs > Set Program Access > Select Microsoft : OK

KyserSosai
Your Friendly Neighborhood TECH*HEAD

Collapse -

Thank you!

by biisuto In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

I tracked the error message to your post, read replies and here was my answer: if you have MS Anti-spyware stuff, get rid of it + reset IE to default settings (Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Reset...) FIXED.

Cheers!

Collapse -

by wkwoodard In reply to Thank you!

I had the same problem with Outlook simply reset IE default settings and problem was fixed!

Collapse -

Easy fix...

by radical_green In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

Yeah, I was having this problem too. You know what worked? Setting a default internet browser. Evidently Outlook doesn't just pick one from the available options, but rather gives you this dumb message, until you set a default.

Back to Software Forum
23 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next

Related Forums