General discussion

OUTLOOK 2003 "This operation has been canceled..."

By SoilSavers ·
When you Click on a link in ANY email the message "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I cant find any way to remove the phantom restrictions. running win xp pro, office 2003 pro this error cripples Outlook and MS not interested in fixing. Any help much appreciated !

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

what are the security settings in the Internet zone on the problem computer. is the the zone you are using when surfing
have u tried this: control panel/ windows security center. turn off windows security and firewall for a test. bet this is answered better at support.microsoft.com search the microsoft knowlegebase for the error message

Collapse -

by sgt_shultz In reply to

regarding first suggestion: how to get to the intenet zone security settings: Control Panel/Internet Options

Collapse -

by SoilSavers In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by dustyD In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

Are you a member of a domain? Sounds like group policy restrictions or proxy settings.

Collapse -

by dustyD In reply to

Have you been experimenting with non-MS browsers?
Shame on you. See if resetting IE web settings does the trick. Pick your default email app again.

See the article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049

Collapse -

dustyD
Thanx muchly !! that did the trick. i had to import a registry key from another computer. Do you know if FireFox caused the problem ?? i have gotten hooked on FireFox and am loathe to return to IE6 ... again THANX!!

Collapse -

by OTL In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

If you are a "Executive IS/IT Management", suggest you find a new career. Is a simple security setting in IE/Outlook. Small amount of playing with the settings will kill this error and allow you to look at the mal-ware/adware/x-rated url's in your e-mail.

BTW - Since I was BOHICA'd (Bend Over Here It Comes Again) by corporate today, not in the best of moods !

Collapse -

look at correct answer in list... sorry about BOHICA situation... be thankful that you are where you are and not in Afghanastan getting BOHICA'ed ... or worse...

Collapse -

by zlitocook In reply to OUTLOOK 2003 "This operat ...

Contact your administrator for exchange and tell them about your error message. If you are on a network there are restrictions on what you can access and down load. This is a security setting and you should ask if you should be able to access this site.

Collapse -

Poster rated this answer.

Back to Windows Forum
11 total posts (Page 1 of 2)   01 | 02   Next