Question

Outlook 2003, WinXP, new install, can't run Backup program

By j-tillman ·
I'm running a Dell E510 with Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Over the weekend a nasty virus forced me to backup my documents and wipe out the hard disk to start anew. There are two users on the computer, both with admin rights. After installing Outlook and the updates, I wanted to install PFBACKUP so I could set the computer to automatically backup the emails, addresses and calendar from both users to their MY DOC folder to make backing up easier. So I downloaded the file from Microsoft into a Shared folder logged in as User A. When I tried to run the install, I got a message that the program was already installed and I needed to uninstall using ADD/REMOVE first. But it doesn't show up under that application. Stranger still, when logged in as User B, Backup shows as an option under the Files command. So I ran a search to see where it is located on my newly formatted hard disk, and it does not show up.

How do i get the backup function to be accessible for User A so that I can schedule backups on a regular basis? I'm stumped.

And how did User B get access to it before I downloaded it? It is not part of the standard Office 2003 installation.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Share your knowledge
Back to Malware Forum
0 total posts (Page 1 of 1)