Question

Outlook 2007 Error

By kfrost ·
I've been using Outlook 2007 for about a year now and havent' experianced any major problems, until this week. I went to do a search in my Inbox and received "Search results may be incomplete because items are still being indexed". I tried to rebuild the index with no luck and I have also run the scanpst utility and that didn't work either. Besides reinstalling Outlook is there anything else I can try?
Thanks,
Kevin

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Did you just recently install the NEW Search 4?

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Outlook 2007 Error

This is a new 'optional' download from MS Update which helps the search capabilities of Outlook 2007. If you did just install it, it hasn't completed indexing your whole computer yet. It does it's thing while the computer is idle. You gotta give it time.

Collapse -

Search 4

by kfrost In reply to Did you just recently ins ...

I did not recently install the NEW search 4. It seems like every day it's re indexing my files everyday.

Collapse -

Turn off Indexing

by gpartridge In reply to Outlook 2007 Error

In Outlook go to Tools and Options and click on Search Options.

You should be able to disable indexing or at least untick "Prompt me when search results may be incomplete because messages are still being indexed."

Collapse -

Re: Turn off Indexing

by kfrost In reply to Turn off Indexing

I tried turning off indexing and it worked. The only thing now though is when trying to do a search, it takes a little bit of time. I wanted to avoid this if I could but if this is the only way around it I will have to deal with it.

Thanks

Collapse -

Try this link

by gpartridge In reply to Re: Turn off Indexing

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?pageindex=3&siteid=1&postid=1494934&sb=0&d=1&at=7&ft=11&tf=0&pageid=1

This has a few diffferent solutions to your issue.

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)