Question

Outlook 2007 Meeting Requests and Appointments

I have some users that I have been attempting to help with this Outlook 2007 issue. When trying to send a "Meeting Request" or an "Appointment," they are getting this error:

"The attendees of the meeting have changed. Choose one of the following:
*Save changes and send update
*Don't save but keep the meeting open"

The only thing with that is, they aren't changing anything, they are simply adding them for the first time. If they choose the option "Save changes and send update" it sends two invites for the event, if they choose the option "Don't save but keep the meeting open" it only sends the one invite. Basically what I want to do is remove this message or figure out what is causing it so that way I can fix it. It's not a huge issue but people are getting annoyed with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

These might be helpful....

Send a meeting request or e-mail message from a group schedule
Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

1. In Calendar, on the Actions menu, click View Group Schedules.
2. Select the group schedule that you want, and then click Open.
3. Do one of the following:
* Send a meeting request or an e-mail message to some members only
1. Select the group members you want to include.
2. Click Make Meeting, and then click either New Meeting or New Mail Message.
* Send a meeting request or an e-mail message to all members
o

Click Make Meeting, and then click New Meeting with All or New Mail Message with All.
* Send a meeting request to resources
1. Select the group members that you want to use as resources.
2. Click Make Meeting, and then click New Meeting as Resource.

Change how meeting request, poll, and read or delivery receipts are processed
Applies to: Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
2. Click E-mail Options, and then click Tracking Options.
3. Choose the processing options that you want by doing one or more of the following:
* Automatically record responses in the original item
o Select the Process requests and responses on arrival check box.

Note To review the responses in your Inbox before they are recorded, clear the Process requests and responses on arrival check box.
* Delete notifications about delivered and read messages
o Select the Process receipts on arrival check box.
* Move receipts out of your Inbox after processing
o Select the After processing, move receipts to check box.

To select a folder other than Deleted Items, click Browse.
* Delete blank responses
o Select the Delete blank voting and meeting responses after processing check box.

Change an appointment, event, or meeting

1. Open the appointment, event, or meeting that you want to change.
2. Do one of the following:
* Change options for an appointment that is not part of a series
o On the Appointment tab, change the options, such as subject, location, and time that you want to change, and then click Save and Close.
* Change options for all items in a series
1. In the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click Open the series.

Open Recurring Item dialog box
2. On the Appointment tab, change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change.
3. To change recurrence options, on the Appointment tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence. Change the options, such as time, recurrence pattern, or range of recurrence, and then click OK.

Appointment Recurrence dialog box
4. Click Save and Close.
* Change options for one item that is part of a series
1. In the Open Recurring Item dialog box, click Open this occurrence.

Open Recurring Item dialog box
2. On the Appointment tab, change the options, such as subject, location, and time, that you want to change, and then click Save and Close.

Tip In Calendar, you can drag the appointment, event, or meeting to a different date. You can also edit the subject by clicking the description text and typing your changes. You can change an event into an appointment, causing the time to be blocked out in your calendar, by clearing the All day event check box and then entering the start and end times of your choice. Events are defined as lasting from midnight to midnight; clearing this check box allows you to enter specific start and end times.

Please post back if you have anymore problems or questions.

Collapse -

Still not fixed

Thank you for posting that information, unfortunatley none of that was related to the problem we are having.

Collapse -

Having the same problem.

by amoore In reply to Still not fixed

I'm having the same problem. Just started a week or 2 ago. Have you found any resolutions?

Collapse -

I have found a solution to this.

What happend was that another department in our building has a Mitel plug-in for our phone systems. The plug-in was changing information before the request was being sent which would be recognized as "editing the meeting request" so it would send the original and the edited request at the same time. Im sure there are other plug-ins that are causing this problem but the two fixes we found were either to uninstall it (as not everyone uses this plug-in) or to click cancel when the first dialogue box pops up during sending the request. Either way you do it, it will only send out the one meeting request. Let me know if this helps you!

Collapse -

There's a hotfix for this problem

by david_mahaffy In reply to I have found a solution t ...

I had the same problem with an add-in I was writing. Discovered that the following hotfix seemed to take care of it:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957692/en-us

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)