Question

Outlook 2007 not receiving mail from Exchange 2003

By nymnut123 ·
I just installed Exchange Server 2003 through Small Business Server. I have everything seemingly set up correctly for the test account.

I can look into the Mailbox store in the Exchange Manager snap-in and see the test mailbox, and see that it has messages in it (both from pop and from internal)

However, when I try and receive these messages in Outlook 2007 (it connects to the Exchange server fine and says its connected to the mailbox), the messages do not show up in the Inbox. It doesn't give any errors on Send/Receive, the messages just do not show up. I can send messages (internally) fine, as when I send myself a message it shows up in the mailbox (which I can only see in the Exchange Manager).

How do I fix this?
Thanks,
Alex

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

by Richard In reply to Outlook 2007 not receivin ...

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this? I have exactly the same problem. Outlook appears to be connecting and checking the mailbox store, but doesn't pull messages back from the mailbox on the information store (I can see them there waiting to be received!)

Exactly the same results using OWA.

Sending e-mail works fine.

No errors are reported.

No problems in the Event log.

Collapse -

by rschwidder In reply to Outlook 2007 not receivin ...

Hi,

Same issue here...

Does someone resolved this issue already?

Collapse -

Problem resolved

by jhogan In reply to Outlook 2007 not receivin ...

I was just fighting the same issue and the resolution was unchecking the Use Cached Exchange Mode on the account settings.

Hope that helps,
Jim

Back to Networks Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)