Question

Outlook 2007 won't display text only messages

By the_stonestreets ·
Any time I get a plain text e-mail, my Outlook 2007 shows a blank page. If I Other Actions, Edit Message, HTML, (select all), Format and choose a font, the message appears. I get the message in my mail notifier and I can read it, but when I open the message it is blank.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Any AV

by Proteus55 In reply to Outlook 2007 won't displa ...

Do you have any AntiVirus installed? Try disabling the AV before downloading emails.

Collapse -

Plain text blank emails

by jonrmason In reply to Any AV

I have been experiencing this issue as well. I have narrowed it down to plain text emails as well, not Rich Text or HTML messages.

I have tried uninstalling AVG, removing all Registry references to AVG, repairing my Office 2007 installation, and setting DisableEncryptedMessagePreview in the outlook\options\mail registry key as noted in the following forum: http://beyondteck.blogspot.com/2006/05/blank-email-messages-in-microsoft.html

Nothing has worked yet for me. I am going to try to uninstall the full version of Malwarebytes even though it doesn't have settings for scanning emails, and then try removing all my filter rules and recreating them (as someone noted in another thread in this forum).

I am able to see the content when I reply to the sender, but then all the text is in CAPS and everything I write is in CAPS.

If anyone has found other solutions, please share...

thanks

Jon

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)