General discussion

Outlook hangs and WINWORD.EXE is at 100%

By Red Dragoon ·
When my client tries to reply to a message in Outlook, Outlook locks up. In Task Manager, WINWORD.EXE is at 100%. I have tried ending tasks and trying them again. I have also tried deleting her local profile. I have tried removing and reinstalling Office. I have also tried reinstalling IE 6 SP1. Help soon!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by statykserver In reply to Outlook hangs and WINWORD ...

In outlook go to tools, options, mail format
and uncheck "use microsoft office word to edit mail messages". I

Collapse -

by Red Dragoon In reply to

This cannot be done. It's part of company policy to have Word as e-mail editor.

Collapse -

by statykserver In reply to Outlook hangs and WINWORD ...

First I would download the updates for microsoft office and install the latest service pack. You can find it here :
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate/default.aspx

Most of the time this will correct the problems. If after the update you are still having problems then check out this article:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811946

Collapse -

by statykserver In reply to

I can't see why "company policy" would REQUIRE word as the e-mail editor. I don't see any significant advantages that would make this a requirement. They will still be able to send messages even if word is not the e-mail editor. And if they really need to send a word formatted document then they can send it as an attachment. It be interesting to hear their reason for implementing this requirement.

Collapse -

by Red Dragoon In reply to

Deleted Normal.dot. That seemed to fix it. Thanks. Installing SP3 is not an option. Corporate policy and all.

Collapse -

by Red Dragoon In reply to Outlook hangs and WINWORD ...

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)