General discussion

Outlook Rules (Exchange Server 2000)

By sshall ·
I would like to create a rule that can move all messages received from Internal Users (same domain users) to a folder called 'Internal' taking into consideration that all recepients (cc's and bcc's) should also be Internal Users.
The expected rule should be something like this:
"Apply this rule after the message arrives, sent to 'Global Address List' address Book and sender is in 'Global Address List' address Book, move it to the 'Internal' folder."
The problem is, there is no option for checking that all recepients are internal users(domain users).
Is there any standard option I can use?
If not, what else can be used?
Is there any tool available to create custom rules ?
Sam

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by haileyan In reply to Outlook Rules (Exchange S ...

Setup the rule so that it is looking for recipient address contain yourdomain.com.

Collapse -

by sshall In reply to

Hi Haileyan,
Thanks for your answer, but in a matter of fact I have tried this solution before and it didn't help me, Please read my comment.
Regards,
Sam

Collapse -

by sshall In reply to Outlook Rules (Exchange S ...

Setting up the rule so that it is looking for recipient address containing mydomain.com is not helpful as the global address list shows the recpients with their names and not their e-mail address containing mydomain.com.

Collapse -

by haileyan In reply to Outlook Rules (Exchange S ...

I beg to differ. That is just a display name. All "addresses" contain the domain name.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)