Question

Outlook Web Access 2003 wildcard domain name rule

By bluejeanstech ·
Can an email rule be created in Outlook Web Access 2003 using a wildcard domain name as a filter (e.g., Where the from field contains "@daisypuppyfarm.org" )? I have not found any evidence that this is possible, although similar rules can be set up in Microsoft Outlook 2003, based on a domain name. Just checking, to see if I'm missing something here. TIA...

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Doesn't look like it, however

by IC-IT In reply to Outlook Web Access 2003 w ...

If you create it in Outlook it will apply to the weboutlook instance.
Of course you can't send it to a personal folder, because that won't be available on other systems.

Collapse -

Forgot one important detail

by bluejeanstech In reply to Doesn't look like it, how ...

Thanks for the response. That confirms my suspicions. I forgot to mention, however, that many (most?) people in my organization only have access to email via Outlook Web Access and only managers have MS Outlook client on their computers. A manager was trying to set her employees up with the same rules she was using and it wasn't working for them. This must be why.... Has this been the experience for others using Outlook Web Access only?

Collapse -

Yes....

by ThumbsUp2 In reply to Forgot one important deta ...

You asked if this has been the experience for others. The answer is Yes. Outlook Web Access simply does not have all the bells and whistles associated with Outlook.

Back to Software Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)