Question

Outook 2003 on Exchange 2003: Grant a user calendar admin rights?

By mikeliketrike ·
We're running Exchange 2003 on the server and all users have Outlook 2003. Due to a policy change, the office manager now needs to have access to everyone's calendar. Being able to view when people were busy/available was easily done through setting up a group schedule and initially pulling everyone in through an already setup distribution group.

But the manager needs to be able to see what appointments people have not just a blue, purple, or white block.

I know I can get this done by going into everyone's individual calendar through outlook and setting the permissions so she's a nonediting author, but there has to be a way to do this globally... right?

I could probably accomplish this by making her an exchange admin, domain admin, or enterprise admin... but that's not really a viable option.

So is it possible to give a user viewing permissions on all exchange calendars globally through AD, Exchange, or Outlook?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

did you find a solution to this?

by cfranz In reply to Outook 2003 on Exchange 2 ...

I am trying to do something very similar, and not finding many resources online. Were you able to GPO calendar rights/delegation?

Collapse -

I have the same issue but we're using Outlook 2010 with Exchange 2003

by dephillipsvm In reply to Outook 2003 on Exchange 2 ...

Hi,

I have the same question. The president of the company wants to view everyone's calendar without having everyone send him a sharing invitation. We're using Outlook 2010 as the client and we're running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Small Business Server 2003. Thank you.

Back to Networks Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)