Question

• Creator
    Topic

OWA 2003 – Server Side Problem

by scao ·

Hi guys, I have a problem at the work place.
    The Company I’m working for has got 2 servers.

1 Server in Australia which is a 2k3 DC and has exchange 2k3.

1 Server in the US which is a member server, but also runs exchange 2k3. it has it’s own mail gateway.

They are all part of the same domain and are linked with a site to site via VPN…

The main server is in AUS, and when you log into OWA2k3 from outside, if the Mailbox is in the local Info Store, we have no problems. When the information store is on the US server, the username and password authenticates and i get a
    “page cannot be displayed” message.

When I log onto console of the server in the US, and type in http://*localservername*/exchange

when I type a username and password of an australian user, it works fine. but when I type in the username and password of a US user, it won’t let me authenticate…

I’ve rebuilt the IIS component of OWA2003 in the US already, and checked that I can resolve the servername from both servers.
    Any suggestion guys??

the two sites run two different smtp-domains, but is part of the same domain in AD.

Thanks in advance.

Sonny

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by scao ·

In reply to OWA 2003 – Server Side Problem

Clarifications

more info

by scao ·

In reply to OWA 2003 – Server Side Problem

Oh, and I forgot to mention, when I log in via terminal services anywhere in the domain, the Info Store works, and the mail box resolves, it’s JUST OWA that is malfunctioning…

I was thinking should this current setup work (mail boxes spread accross 2 info stores, and no FE/BE sever setup), or do we definitely need a FE server?

Thanks
      Son

Viewing 1 reply thread