Packard bell i media i4325 uk

By flogadob ·
hi all brought this pc a little over a month ago, ive recently noticed a strange whirring sound coming from it, i think it may be the fan, i just wondered has anyone else or does anyone else own this PC and can they say if their fan is noisy and if so its this normal, i havent opened it up yet but i will just wondered if anyone can give me their advice or opinion
tar very much

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Your best bet here is to look for the noise

by OH Smeg In reply to Packard bell i media i432 ...

As computers no matter the make are made from off the shelf components some may have faulty parts or at the very least parts which are out of range in Manufacturing Tolerances.

However with Fans just the constant running will allow dust to build up and throw them out of balance creating undue noise.

Fans on CPU Heat Sinks and GPU Heat Sinks can fill the Heat Sink up with dust and start hitting the dust that has been stuck in the Heat Sink thus making noise.

Quite often just opening the case and cleaning them out will get rid of noise but sometimes you have to replace things or add more Case Fans to keep the thing cool.

Collapse -

by seanferd In reply to Packard bell i media i432 ...

If, say, the environment is warmer now than it was previously, or there is dust insulating components, the fans will spin up faster and work harder, making more noise.

Collapse -

If applicable, use warranty while you can!

by TobiF In reply to Packard bell i media i432 ...

If your computer is still under warranty, then don't wait for things to get worse.

But: if they ask you do hand over the computer for service, either keep the HDD with you or at least do a full backup first.

Back to Hardware Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)