General discussion

Parallel ZIP 100 slow after install XP

By mcarlos76 ·
My ZIP 100 Parallel drive has been extremely slow since installing XP.
I have downloaded & installed latest IOmegaware drivers. I have also contacted Iomega Tech Support. After 3 different tries ranging from changing BIOS configuartion for parrallel port, to allowing printer port to use any interrupt, to finally unplugging ZIp drive leaving it off 10 minutes and then reconnecting. Nothing has helped.
The access light goes on very rarely, but I can hear the disk spinning. It finally lists the directories and then takes forever to paint the icons.
I moved the ZIP drive to a WIN98 PC with the same disk and had good response.
I have been searching the Net and it seems like a lot of people are having problems after the install of Win2k.
I have even looked into upgrading my BIOS, but why does it work under and old BIOS on a WIN98 PC and on the same PC with 98 before installing XP?
Note: Win2k and XP are based on the NT system, which, to my recollection did not accept ZIP drives at all becase there were no drivers?

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.
Mary

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

1 total post (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Parallel ZIP 100 slow after install XP

by Brian P. In reply to Parallel ZIP 100 slow af ...

I run Win 2k with a ide zip and need to have it as a master on the bus. You might try adding a cheap printer card and setting it up as lpt2. The thing is, the drives don't share well. I keep finding that Iomega drives need to have uncontested use ofresources.My Ditto-max 8gig back-up drive is not supported under 2k. Website says maybe. For a BACKUP DRIVE? Maybe, gee thanks. Iomega is slowly Becoming un-needed by most, 20-30 cent cds for me. My Ditto's FOR SALE

Back to Hardware Forum
1 total post (Page 1 of 1)