General discussion

PASSED CCNA 640-801

By Jr. Network Engineer ·
Greetings all,

I was just so excited I had to tell somebody. On Tuesday, I passed the CCNA exam with a score of 923. I am not ashamed to say this was my third attempt with my first score being an 809 followed by an 821. I just wanted to thank the people in these forums, though I didn't post anything, I did read your comments and suggestions for preparing for the exam. I already had my A+ and Net+, I was thinking about going for my Security+ next. Any comments in that area?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Congratulation!

by xiaoqistar In reply to PASSED CCNA 640-801

Certification is Certification, choose the most suitable one that align with your career or position will be more realistic.
Following 4 route in my mind for your reference:
(1) A+ to Net+ to Security+ is the somehow practical way on solving some real IT problem;
(2) Since you're in CCNA starting point, then CCNP to CCIE will lead you go deep in networking profession but technical-oriented field;
(3) If you're interested in security, suggest along with or after Security+, try to CISA, CISSP, CISM to gain both security and auditing/governance experience, that will enrich you in technical and business together;
(4) Technical may not be your life-long target, so why not at the same time, prepare IT Service Management domain, try ITIL or CobiT related certification;
Certainly, some soft skill like PMP would be value-added to you.
Good luck!

Collapse -

Congrats

by w2ktechman In reply to PASSED CCNA 640-801

923 is a great score. Very well done.
Coming up with other tests to pass is for you to decide though.
If you are interested in Security, yes, go for a net security cert. If you want more to do with administration, then you can go that route as well. More knowledge is better, but... this is a big but.
Dont just get cert crazy abd **** a bunch of money. Look to start doing some work with what you have learned, experience is best. Personally, I did some volunteer work to get some real world exp. on my resume.

The descision is up to you, but if you are interested in security, then yes, it would not be a bad choice to go for a cert.

Collapse -

Thanks for the advice!!!

by Jr. Network Engineer In reply to PASSED CCNA 640-801

I am thinking about the security field but am not sure. That's why I was thinking of earning the security+ as kind of a way to see if its something I may want to get deeper into. I do want to become a network admin so I figure security is important. At the very least, it would be good to get a basic understanding of the concepts. If I do decide on security, then I will probably go for my CCSP next, if not, then the CCNP. But I know certifications can get expensive, so I don't want to get to cert happy so to speak.

Back to IT Employment Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)