General discussion

Path not found--Win95 and Win2000

By rwilliam ·
I am having a problem with 4 machines(all DELL, 3 running 2000 and 1 with 9 not being able to access a MICROSOFT MAIL post office running on a win95 machine. 20 other machines on our network have no problem, but these four machines get the CAN NOTACCESS and PAth not found, even though I can see the machine on the network neighborhood and other machines on the network have no problems.. HELP!?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by dhotch76 In reply to Path not found--Win95 and ...

2000 workstations and one 98. What kind of NOS are you running? I'm guessing that you are able to login and browse via Net-hood for the Cannot access and Path not found. Are those errors coming up when you try to go into the Mail PO? What OS is the PO on? Can you access the workstations from the PO server? Are any other resources inaccessible? Did you install anything new on these? Are they part of a group? I know these are silly questions but these are the ones I would ask or would like to know when I start to trouble shoot.

Collapse -

by rwilliam In reply to Path not found--Win95 and ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by dmiles In reply to Path not found--Win95 and ...

Open the Control Panel,Open Microsoft Mail post office and and check the user settings to insure they are correct,at the domain check the User Account to see if the user permissions to access server is configured correctly.
Compare this with paths of the other machines

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)