General discussion

PC reboots continually installing SQL Server 2005 on WinXP

By lalit.sharma83 ·
Hi all,

I have downloaded fresh copy of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition from Microsoft Website and started installing. In last step when installation wizard automatically starts the SQL Service, my computer restarts. And after restarts, atleast after 1 minute my system restarts again without any notification. This continues for several times.

Is this due to some problem with windows? But I have formatted and installed windows xp 2 too.

Please anyone, comeup with some solution I would really appreciate.

Regards
LS

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Repost as 'Q&A'

by NickNielsen In reply to PC reboots continually in ...

Try reposting this in the 'Q&A' forum. The 'Discussion' forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The 'Water Cooler' is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to 'Q&A' here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/post?tag=mantle_skin;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you'll find more of those members in 'Q&A' than in 'Discussions' or 'Water Cooler'.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a '+' does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won't need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as "The Answer".

Collapse -

These are the minimum Requirements according to M$

by HAL 9000 Moderator In reply to PC reboots continually in ...

CPU:- 600-megahertz (MHz) Pentium III-compatible or faster processor; 1-gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor recommended

OS:- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server with Service Pack (SP) 4 or later; Windows 2000 Professional with SP 4 or later; Windows XP with SP 2 or later; Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition, Enterprise Edition, or Datacenter Edition with SP 1 or later; Windows Small Business Server 2003 with SP 1 or later; Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard x64 Edition, Enterprise x64 Edition, or Datacenter x64 Edition with SP 1 or later; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or later running in Windows on Windows

Memory:- 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM or more; 1 gigabyte (GB) or more recommended

HDD:- Approximately 350 MB of available hard-disk space for the recommended installation

Approximately 425 MB of additional available hard-disk space for SQL Server Books Online, SQL Server Mobile Books Online, and sample databases

Drive:- DVD-ROM drive

Display:- Super VGA (1,024x76 or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor

Other Devices:- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

Other Requirements:- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later

For Reporting Services, you need Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or later, and ASP.NET 2.0 or later

If you have just installed XP you will not have IE6 or higher and unlikely to have already installed Internet Information Services 5 or higher as well as the .Net 2 or latter Framework.

If you do not have the minimum Hardware Requirements it's not going to work either.

Col

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)