General discussion

PC100 Beeping...

By ab2hu ·
Hi,
I was changing the case with a PC 100 Motherboard in it, and after I installed all of the hardware and hooked everything up the way it was before except for the panel lights (different case, different lights), i turned it on and got a beeping error. It was a DAH DIT DIT DIT ( ---- - - - ). What does this mean???

Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

by dmiles In reply to PC100 Beeping...

This could be a long a long and three short beeps,this could be a memory problem,so check to see what type of memory you are using,if you are running PC 100 memory to match the bus speed or check your mother board to see what memory it will support.Also check your owners manual to see if it notes the beeps.

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

by ab2hu In reply to PC100 Beeping...
Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

by bart777 In reply to PC100 Beeping...

Also, make sure that you have the memory in tightly. I recently had this very problem and all I needed to do was reseat the memory.
Hope this helps.

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

by kidrich In reply to PC100 Beeping...

Check with the MB manual (or the internet site of the manufacturer) and find out the beep codes for the MB. The codes should tell you where in the POST it is having trouble and that might help you diagnose. This might be a long shot, but I HAVE seen a few cases where you screw the MB down without using washers (those little red cardboard looking things) OR a screw it trapped under the board and a short occurs..so you might check that too.

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

by jfade09 In reply to PC100 Beeping...

Its seems to be a memory error or a problem with the memory slots on your motherboard. Try replacing the motherboard and the memory.

Collapse -

PC100 Beeping...

Back to Desktop Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)